Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Own Country Bumpkin

For years, my favorite vacation spot has been Ogunquit, Maine. It's a tiny village
(1500 year round residents) without a single stoplight, but some of the best restaurants and the most beautiful settings in the country, including a mile-long cliff walk along the Atlantic Ocean called the Marginal Way.

My hobby (obsession?) became real-estate-watching in Ogunquit proper. As you can imagine, not a lot hits the market, and it's usually pricey. Well, when Ogunquit experienced a downturn in their market, similar to the rest of the country, I took the plunge. Call me crazy, but the timing seemed right!

I was able to find a cottage packed with true New England charm, wrapped around the predictable Early-American-Shabby-Chic-Country-Charm furnishings. But I could tell that with a good cleaning, a fresh paint job and some up-to-date furnishings, it could be a comfortable and cozy setting, both for us and the seasonal renters we hope to attract. Here are some "before" pictures.












I know what you're thinking...."Who in their right mind?!"....right? Well, since these photos were taken, the ugly duckling has transformed. Do I have your attention now?

After pictures to follow!

1 comment: