Tuesday, April 20, 2010

You Have To Sqeeze A Few Lemons...

I love trees. I mean I really, really love trees! I hate seeing trees cut down arbitrarily, but there are times when it makes sense.

When we recently purchased the property in Maine, there were a couple of trees at the front edge, bordering the street. They had been sliced-and-diced by the Maine power companies to the point that they were basically shapeless. What branches they did have left were creating just enough shade to allow moss to grow on the roof...not good!

I designed an entry, step-down courtyard area, which is being installed right now. It did involve removal of the trees...and stumps, and metal pole, and...well, there's about 80 years worth of "stuff" out there in this postage stamp sized entry area.

This is a picture that our contractor sent us last week when the trees were removed.


This is kind of an involved project to be turning someone loose on, unattended...even with detailed drawings that we provided. So, I've made my way back up for a few days to make sure it's going as planned. (Oh, poor, poor me!) Plus, as with any project of this nature, I will only be surprised if there are no hidden surprises! So, best to be here, at least in the beginning. Much better than coming up a month later and saying, "Hmmmmm....that's not exactly what I had in mind!"

1 comment:

  1. We hope you are having a fun couple of days up in Maine! xoxo, Laura and John

    ReplyDelete